Pages

Wednesday 23 March 2011

Boots 17 Nail Xtras Crackle Top Coat


Sorry about the dry skin.
This is part of a 'challenge' I decided I was undertaking i.e. how many days can you go without removing your polish and starting again? Found this in Boots yesterday. £3.98. Put on a thick layer - too thick as I prefer more of the base polish to be visible but I know better for next time.

Day 1 CG Life Preserver
Day 2 mattify the tips
Day 3 add Nubar 2010
Day 4 add crackle top coat
Day 5 ? probably get rid...

I was very pleased with myself until I looked at the shots I took today.  Obviously blown up like this you can see that it's not so smart but normal-size it's perfectly acceptable. I don't always have the time or the inclination any longer to change my polish every day so I am doing this kind of thing more and more.

What do you think is the maximum time you can adapt a mani before having to ditch it?

Jenni

8 comments:

  1. I make it last until it chips, I'm lazy like that!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depending on whether or not I mess it up during the adaptation days (adding art, tips etc.), I'll change it around 4 days later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had something like ten coats on my nails at times thanks to layering new looks over old. I'm not sure what comes after crackle, though--more crackle in a different color, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate chips but I like novelty. Well, I like edible chips.....a lot.

    I have already mattified one nail but it doesn't show up much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks pretty, very similar to the Barry M. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eh? When did Boots bring this out? O_o

    It looks really pretty but I'll pass, it's around the same price as the Barry M (and probably for less product)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ?Boots is jumping on this ship too huh? Do they have a wide range of crackles or just this? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i tried this crackle with a very thin coat and it cracked exactly the same as this - not an awfullot. i prefer more of the base to be visible too - barry M have got it right in that respect. interesting challenge though, changing it up, i like! x

    ReplyDelete