Pages

Thursday 7 July 2011

French tips....a bad day in Bordeaux..



I used sticky tape and did the tips, then base coat, then a glitter coat. I shouldn't have magnified the pix really as it looks plenty better IRL. I should also have done a much thinner fake 'free nail' section. I'll know better next time.

The beautyuk polish is the exceptional Frozen Kingdom (loving that name) and the other is Northern Lights.

I've never done an 'Essex-girl' before and am surprised by how much I like it. I am painting nails of prom-goers tomorrow. Requests are for purple, hot pink and gold. They don't believe me when I say I've got lots of colours. They think gold is just....gold. SO innocent!

How many golds do you have? I'm going to count mine now.

Jenni

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jenni,

    I love this mani. I love glitter too! I'm definitely going to get myself Northern Lights for starters I don't have any BeautyUK polish but I'm going to go have a look tomorrow.

    One tip for Manis that I do is use a ring binder sticker to cover your cuticle that way you don't have nail polish too near your nail bed and cuticle, its a tip someone told me so feel free to share it.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Jenni is Northern Lights a BeautyUK or another brand? I can't find it on their website?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, thanks for the advice. Northern Lights is by The Edge. They are well cheap. Google 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Painting the nails of prom goers? Where was my invitation??? Though technically I'm attending afterprom, not prom :P

    What I like to do is to paint the tips on with tape, and then create a nice smile line with a cotton bud in acetone.

    Thanks for the shoutout in your previous post!

    ReplyDelete