- Nails grow faster in the summer than in the winter. I probably knew this.
- Men's nails grow faster than women's (except during pregnancy and later in life when growth increases). Nails grow faster when you're older. Are they quite sure?
- The nails on the hand you write with grow faster. Think I had heard this.
- The longer the finger, the faster your nail grows. Crazy! Bad for me with my stubby fingers. So not fair. Not that I even want long nails but WHY?
- After an illness, your nail growth increases. Suppose it makes sense.
- Nail disorders make up about 10 percent of all skin conditions. Ugh. Had a partner with a fungal nail problem once. Gross. I blame the acrylics.
An ad from 1949.With that tapered nail shape that I really don't like.
(Facts from the Cutex website.)
Well, I say "facts". I tend to credulously assume (ouch, split infinitive) that everything I read online is true. If I stop for a moment to reflect I know that my assumption is foolish. But I can't help wondering - how many of those 6 facts are 'true'? And to misquote Prince Charles "...whatever true is..".