Pages

Sunday 28 November 2010

Missguided - and a 'good news' story...

I got this sweet email!

NB. This comp. is now over. Image just for reference purposes.






Good Morning,

My name is Phil Walsh from the Missguided.co.uk Marketing Team.

I have looked through your Nail Polish UK Site and I very much like the engaging and appealing content of your posts. I enjoy your posts on the different Nail Polishes on the market, you provide an informative yet light hearted view on what you feature.

What brought my particular attention was of course your post on the Missguided range of Nail Polishes. I was wondering if you would be interested in placing a link to Missguided.co.uk within the post, to enable your readers to directly access the cosmetic products we offer on the site. Do you feel this is something which would interest you and your readers?

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I would love to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Phil Walsh
Missguided Marketing Team
T: 0161 8747398




Aw! Was reet proper chuffed, like! 

So - to link or not to link?
I am linking because
A their polishes are made in the UK - hurrah!
B their polishes are great quality
C the rest of the stuff on their site appeals to me
D they have a facebook presence and they do some good comps 
E good customer service
F they asked me even though I criticised the brush in one polish - but maybe they didn't read that and maybe they are just sending this out to everybody!

A caveat though at this point. I won't buy made in China stuff if I can possibly help it and I can't vouch for their ethical policies or manufacturers of clothing or whatever. Just saying I like their stuff, prices are competitive and the nail polishes (which is what my site is about) are fab.
So, if I (not you necessarily) were buying items from them I'd be asking more questions. That's the way I work and why I buy a lot 2nd hand because I'm not driving demand for goods made thousands of miles away or by repressive regimes.

Oh, I couldn't buy their gear anyway because I'm a size *ahem* and they only go up to 14 so I'm not their demographic. But my nails don't know I'm old and fat. 
They haven't sent me any freebies and I think my conscience is clear about them. Plus I don't have a huge readership so I don't feel as if I have an enormous responsibility to consumers....
What would you do/have you done on this kind of issue?

Jenni


No comments:

Post a Comment