Pages

Monday 9 May 2011

Old lady chair/pub banquette mani


Because the Barry M and Boots 17 Matte Top Coat on top of loads of other layered polishes reminds me of this.


You do see what I'm driving at, I hope.
Not saying it's attractive but I'd venture "interesting" or "distinctive".

I thought it was called moquette or cut velour or damask or brocade and I had to google all kinds of combinations until I found the picture that matched what was in my noddle. If anyone does know the proper term for this kind of fabric then do pray tell. 

Is this
A fairly cool
B you'd better stay behind after school


Jenni




3 comments:

  1. An excellent comparison! I'm not really loving it as much as the original one. Do you think it would work on top of black nail varnish? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this combination! I don't know what that type of fabric is actually called in the upholstery world; I call it "cut velvet".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Vix, try it. I know you like Barry M.

    Yes, Karen, cut velvet. I also thought of 'flock'.

    ReplyDelete