Pages

Tuesday 5 April 2011

Illamasqua Bacterium



It's kinda dirty and odd and strange. Doesn't sound like an attractive cosmetic item, does it? But I love it. 2 coats and fairly thick but manageable. Looks much darker most of the time when there's no direct light source. It looks 'goldish' in the photos (almost Urban Decay Twisted) but I don't see that IRL. Complex polish. If you like Illamasqua (what d'you mean you don't?!), you should love this. I conjecture.

I look forward to 'sellotaping' it. What would make a good contrast colour? What would complement this colour well? Any ideas?

Jen


4 comments:

  1. Umm. I was lusting for this colour but I am not so sure anymore. I like the colour, it's the streaks from the mellacity (made up word) which I don't like. This gave me the idea to experiment and try to a blue sheer top coat over some brown xx

    liloo/@tsunimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this on today too! :) I really like it, but it's a pain to photograph and too describe! It's like dirty water, but nice looking.
    I taped off the tips and added a lime green shimmer (Revlon Beach). It looks ok, the green matches the brown. I couldn't think what else to put with it that would look good. Can't wait to see what you come up with :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that colour, and metalics in general right now!

    Thought you might be interested in a little competition i'm running on my blog to win £50 of Matalan vouchers...good luck!

    http://clazzerati.blogspot.com/2011/04/competition-time.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, all. Yes, I'd thought of green or orange as contrast. The brushstrokes aren't so obvious at normal scale.
    Hello, Clazzerati. I shall head on over.

    ReplyDelete